Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pouring coins

I’ve gone too far to turn it back

Couldn't resist stepping into Times today when I was at Plaza Sing restocking craft materials for Teachers' Day. Saw this book that I really really wanted.

Alright now, the book cost 17 bucks and i've got only a ten and a two dollar notes. What's demented was that I literally fished out all the coins I had in the coin compartment and realised I've got only 16.9 bucks. Sweet, superb luck I've had today. In the end found a measly 10 cent coin stuck in the corner of the other compartment.

Uh so, brought the book and the 2 notes, clenching onto the handful of coin to the counter. Basically, the lady behind the counter, not to mentioned 4 other customers behind the queue had their eyes boring onto me as I release the grip and at least 40 coins fell onto the table which half of them contains tiny weeny bronze 5cent coins.

The lady called for assistance (can you believe it?!?) and both of them started counting the coins and told me it was short of 15 cents and asked, "Do you have an extra 15 cents?"

Call me pathetic, but I don't.

In the end, it was found squashed under the book.

So, in short, what I'm trying to say here is that:
I basically had the most mortifying day of my life.

By the way, managed to keep myself awake throughout lessons for the first time since school reopens. :D YAY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home